Here at Juneberry Ridge, we have an event for everyone: sporty or artsy, hands-dirty or head-in-the-clouds. Come be a stargazer, or a foodie. Take up a challenge, or a new craft. It’s a whole world of experiences, only made better by our irrepressible southern hospitality. (After all, we want you to fall in love with the farm too.)
Join the global community in sharing a love of birds & nature.
The annual Great Backyard Bird Count is a national effort taken up by nature lovers every year. The 27th annual event is coming up, and we want to invite you to participate with us on Saturday, February 17th.
Everyone is invited to join the count, and your bird sightings will become part of a national database used by scientists to track changes in bird populations over time. The Great Backyard Bird Count is a joint project of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, National Audubon Society and Birds Canada.
For more information about this worldwide annual event, visit their website: https://www.birdcount.org/
Carolina Chickadee by Paul Nielson, Macaulay Library
8:30 am – 9:00am Coffee reception @ Toadhouse
9:00am – 11:30am Bird count
9:00am – 10:00am Yoga @ Saskatoon Lounge
11:30 am – 1:00 pm Lunch @ Toadhouse
1. Admission to the Great Backyard Bird Count is free, however we do ask that guests RSVP in advance.
2. Yoga and Lunch are available to book for interested guests.
3. This event is conducted rain, snow, or shine. Please dress accordingly, as we will be outdoors hiking uneven terrain and covering substantial distances.
4. Bring Binoculars or field guides if you have them. If you wish to purchase a field guide, Birds of the Carolinas is a great place to start!
5. We have lodging on-site and welcome you to stay with us. Check availability here.