Where experiences bloom.
Here at Juneberry Ridge, we have an event for everyone: sporty or artsy, hands-dirty or head-in-the-clouds. Come be a stargazer, or a foodie. Take up a challenge, or a new craft. It’s a whole world of experiences, only made better by our irrepressible southern hospitality. (After all, we want you to fall in love with the farm too.)
- This event has passed.
Join Shannon Thompson (Certified Aromatherapy Specialist) to learn how to make your very own, natural soap!
Class size limited to 20
You’ll receive step by step instruction as we use our supplies to make your first batch of hand-crafted soap! A detailed resource guide is provided to take home.
This class is perfect for anyone interested in creating their own natural skincare, both beginners and those with experience are welcome!
- 10am-3pm @ Juneberry Ridge
- Light, healthy snacks will be provided.
- What you’ll learn in our Cold Process workshop:
- Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials, supplies and equipment
- Take accurate measurements and proper mixing temperatures
- Coloring soap naturally
- Using essential oils to scent your soap
- Mold options
- Insulating, cutting, curing & storing your finished soap
- This class is priced per person so that each attendant gets the experience of making their own soap.
- Each attendee will go home with your own 2lb mold filled with soap that you will then cut into approximately 8-4oz bars (or smaller if you want more bars)
- You will keep the mold and can use it for your own batches of soap in the future.
These soaps will be ready to gift for Christmas!